Sunday, October 31, 2010

Never Get Lost In The Crowd

So many companies, and all of them are trying to compete for the publics attention.

This is a very big crowd, and if you try to ignore that fact you are going to find yourself quickly getting swept away in the constant stream of marketing. No matter what kind of advertisements you decide to make, I can bet you

someone else is doing the exact same thing.

Plan on getting some poster printing done? Your poster is going to be up on a wall next to a lot of others. Each time I walk through an airport I walk down that long hallway filled with posters. It is just one right after another, and

only a few of them are going to get my attention.

Those are the companies who understood what stiff competition they were up against, and did what they needed to in order to make sure their posters were the most visible. There is not a single right way to make a poster

stand out, either. Maybe the image was what grabbed my eye, or maybe it had a huge headline that got me interested in reading more?

Of course, while I am referring to poster printing here, this goes beyond just posters. I do think posters are a good example though, because people often do walk down a line of posters from multiple companies in a row, and

so youre literally standing right next to your competition in a way.

But things like postcards will be affected as well. If I get a pile of mail I am not going to even stop to read every postcard I happen to pick up. Instead I will sort quickly through them and only stop to pay attention to the really

good ones, the ones done by companies that knew they needed to be better than the others.

The marketplace is completely saturated with advertising. No matter where you look you will likely see at least one kind of advertisement. This is a lot of competition, and it is not just about competing with the people in your

particular field, either. Not all of those posters at the airport are for companies in similar industries, but they are still competing for my attention.

So what can you do? The best thing will always be to know who you are trying to market to, along with the best way to reach them. If you know what your customers want you will be in the best position to give it to them, which

includes gaining their attention.

Study your customers; find what images work for them, what messages and themes they like to hear, and you will be making the first step towards standing out from all the others. As I said before, I cannot tell you exactly what

to do to stand out, because it is never going to be the same, and if there was one particular way to be noticed, every company would start doing it, so it would no longer work anymore.
burberry sale
chanel 2.55
ugg
prada sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment