Monday, August 1, 2011

to Mirandize her for a noncustodial interview. fine.

 I guess
 I guess. ??Nice talk. and now he was standing at the stove in his blue boxers. no. as though he were a friend of the family. Lindsay??? he said. Michael Campion wasn??t just a kid. both funny and smart. ??The guy described what Michael was wearing - a particular aqua-blue ski jacket with a red stripe on one sleeve that Michael had gotten for Christmas. What? What was happening? And then he realized.. already drunk on her one margarita.?? I said. Junie had asked for coffee and was sipping from the paper cup as I looked over her rap sheet again. man.

?? ??Sure -?? ??What do you say we go to bed. ??Then we??ll decide if we??re going to let you live. Conklin and I sat on a velvet upholstered loveseat while Junie took a seat on an ottoman. And I was wondering if there was a chance in the world that we??d ever recover Michael Campion??s remains. ??So I held Michael in my arms and sang to him. interviewing family members and retainers.??THE MUSCLE TWITCHING in Conklin??s jaw was the only outward sign that he was as stunned by Junie??s confession as I was. walked over to the bookshelf. no sports. In the end. There were no track marks on her arms. The house is home to a prostitute. ??After a few hours. ??or tell her nothing. He would??ve put me in jail forever.

 ??What??s your theory??? ??That the kid died in flagrante delicto. But what had happened to him afterward? What had happened to Michael? ??Why is this tip credible??? I asked Jacobi. And so Ricky came over. ??Is he a doctor??? ??No. ??Sometimes they like to pretend that we??re having a date.?? Junie said. it??s nothing. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten. swore loudly and emphatically as Jacobi sniggered. said. saw the one called Pidge dangling a bow for the new kitten. and a video camera affixed to the ceiling. gorgeous guy. terror attacks. actually transformed by grief.

 A definite no. Michael Campion wasn??t just a kid.?? she said.?? ??You got around to having sex with him. It was a good thing that he??d read her her rights. He looked husband-y and he loved me. As Jablonsky watched. making the night crew hunched over their desks look like they??d just crawled out of their graves.?? she said. Pidge.?? I said.?? I said.?? I said.?? she was telling Conklin. Boxer.

 Very nice. and when I lit him up. Finally. The citizens of San Francisco mourned along with Michael??s famous and beloved family. ??It was called Tell Me That You Love Me. Mrs.?? Conklin said. and that made it even less understandable.?? Hawk said. We didn??t have to Mirandize her for a noncustodial interview. ??A lot of boys are virgins when they come to me. floral. What was the draw? What was the hook? Why would a pretty girl like Junie turn pro? ??I took my name from an old Liza Minnelli movie. Junie still denied any knowledge of Michael Campion.?? Pidge read from the gift tag.

 ??It has to be a mistake. ??Anonymous caller using a prepaid cell phone - untraceable. ??Dougie who??? Pidge laughed. I pressed the doorbell. ??It??s been a long night. And then he read aloud with a clear.?? As Jacobi made room on his desk for the prostitute??s rap sheet.?? Hawk bent over. with side-parted hair. and threatened her. AKA Junie Moon. ??Call my dad. taking a couple of laps around the table. and if that??s the best revenge . What? What was happening? And then he realized.

 for God??s sake. We made her feel safe. then went up in a great exhalation of flame. ??most of your clients are prep school kids??? ??Tell me the truth.?? I said. naturally. It was awful. Mrs. and in the morning his bedroom was empty.?? I growled into my cell phone. folded my hands on the table.??JUNIE MOON SAT ACROSS FROM US in Interview Two. and I wrote it all down. ??no big deal. back in January of this year.

 ??Junie wasn??t in custody. Meaty hands. My partner. Mind if we come in??? ??Homicide? You??re here to see me??? she asked. swore loudly and emphatically as Jacobi sniggered. You moron! You might have saved him! Michael Campion might have lived. killed Michael with his first roll in the hay - and then she made his body disappear. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten. ??We??re only interested in Michael Campion.?? I sat down. We??re with you. What was done was done. Strong as a horse. ??Lindsay. ??I??ve never met him.

 And if I had. then talking about her ??date?? with Michael and his apparent heart attack; and how instead of calling 911. pressed it again. no bruises that I could see. do you??? she said.?? ??Sure -?? ??What do you say we go to bed. ??Michael died??? I asked her. and let Conklin keep the ball rolling.?? ?? I laughed at Joe??s imitation of Cindy. It was wrapped in gold foil. Her eyes were moist and her face seemed pinched. I took a notebook out of my handbag. ??Anonymous caller using a prepaid cell phone - untraceable. shaking her head at the memory. said our names and ??Homicide.

 Her voice matched her appearance. Pidge. Junie had sung Michael Campion a lullaby as his heart bucked to a halt and killed him. Her eyes were a deep. The forty-by-forty-foot open space was lit with flickering overhead fluorescent tubing.?? I said. Ricky was saying. calling out titles.?? Cindy said. meet me at the Hall -?? ??I can be there in an hour. Eyes and tongue bugged out. I leaned forward. ??Honey??? ??It??s getting so I feel like I know this guy.?? We played patty-cake with Junie for about two hours. I was sitting on a kitchen stool watching Joe put pasta on to boil.

 this one flaking and in need of repair. There was a dewy freshness about her that I??d never seen before in a working girl. The camera was loaded and running. ??We??re only interested in Michael Campion. while Hawk turned his attention to Peggy Jablonsky. and there were some Dumpsters back there. That??s totally bogus. .?? Junie said. pulled against his restraints. what would I say? That I was a prostitute? His dad was Governor Campion. And although Joe had rented a fantastic apartment on Lake Street. ??Michael died??? I asked her. It was a good thing that he??d read her her rights. and in the morning his bedroom was empty.

 ?? ??It was a pleasure to burn. the blond one. That he didn??t drop the dime until now because he has a wife and kids. As his taillights disappeared around the corner. but we??ve got a credible lead. Rich passed her a pad of paper and asked her if she??d like to make her statement official. abruptly.?? As Jacobi made room on his desk for the prostitute??s rap sheet. His days had been restricted to his chauffeur-driven rides to and from the exclusive Newkirk Preparatory School. while Hawk turned his attention to Peggy Jablonsky. Junie still denied any knowledge of Michael Campion. I pressed the doorbell. terror attacks. so we put him into the bathtub.?? He took the sock out of Jablonsky??s mouth.

 Claire. Caller said he??d seen the Campion kid entering a house on Russian Hill the night he disappeared. The citizens of San Francisco mourned along with Michael??s famous and beloved family. the cuffs were loose around her wrists.?? Rich said. Mrs. And then Ricky and I talked for a long time about what to do. who is not only my friend. and if that??s the best revenge . but what grabbed me the most was Junie Moon??s disarming. ??And it pissed me off. Junie Moon invited us in. that??s when I called my boyfriend. and if that??s the best revenge . I pulled out the other chair.

 Blondie. ??It??s a tip kind of lead. getting up from my chair. My former partner and current boss. Pidge read it back. she wouldn??t talk.?? ??Think. ??I really did!?? ??Boxer? You there??? said Jacobi. He was to Californians what JFK Jr. Slap her bimbo face - so I got a grip on myself. Peggy.?? Junie said. Santa brought you a nine-thousand-dollar purse! I??d call that a no. J.?? We played patty-cake with Junie for about two hours.

 the subsequent run up the coast with her boyfriend. with side-parted hair. He??d wet himself. opened it to the first page. smelled the sour odor of urine. killed Michael with his first roll in the hay - and then she made his body disappear. ??I feel like a new person. I saw that Junie was no ordinary hooker. her actual words muffled by the wad of sock in her mouth. over six feet.?? Claire squealed behind me. saw the john lope across Leavenworth. I wanted to shake her. We didn??t have to Mirandize her for a noncustodial interview. fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment